THINK. BUILD. LEAD.
Global Philanthropic Canada is part of a worldwide network of strategic management professionals. Our Senior Consultants deliver professional and affordable executive-level fundraising counsel to organizations of all sizes. Our proven results-oriented advice helps the non-profit sector raise more money for mission.
Across Canada, our Senior Consultants average 30 years each of strategic on-the-ground fundraising leadership, in healthcare, higher education, arts, and social services. Collectively, we have helped raise more than $3.25 billion.
Our Canadian offices are in Halifax, Montréal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Regina, Edmonton, Calgary, Lethbridge, Kelowna, Vancouver, and Victoria. By working together to think, build, and lead, we help create more sustainable organizations.
Vision & Mission
VISION: Global Philanthropic Canada improves lives by supporting transformational change. We enhance organizational sustainability and how philanthropy is valued.
MISSION: We are a Canadian team of proven practitioners who get money raised. Our solutions are collaborative, customized and creative.
- We value our relationships.
- We help you build capacity in people and process to maximize impact.
- We will propel you to meet your goals.
- We work with you, not for you.
What Makes Us Different
We think, build and lead with you to create more sustainable organizations.
- Thought Leaders. You benefit from qualified skill sets in all aspects of fund development.
- Sideways thinkers. You benefit from customized, creative solutions.
- Trusted strategic advisers. You benefit from executive coaches who become part of your team, creating immediate traction.
- Capacity builders. You benefit from lasting impact and a stronger, more sustainable organization.
- Experienced practitioners. You benefit from best-practice wisdom and strategies from diverse organizations.
- Integrated leaders. You benefit from easy access to national and international expertise.
Philanthropy is about meaningful, enduring and mutually rewarding relationships among fundraisers, philanthropists, and clients.
The 4C’s embody our approach to fundraising: extraordinary potential is unlocked when conviction and insight bring all four elements together. We live out our philosophy and values through our partnership with you.
- We are Creative. Our worldwide experience and original thinking produce creative outcomes which inspire your community to act.
- We understand Culture. We seek to understand your internal culture and the cultural nuances of your local philanthropic landscape to attract transformational gifts and build enduring, culturally respectful relationships.
- We are Client Centric. We create holistic and integrated strategies to uniquely position our clients and excite your constituents.
- We are a Catalyst for Change. As your partner, we help differentiate your organization and catalyze your relationship with donors.
We are proud of building the transformative impact of philanthropy. We build knowledge and expertise in the non-profit sector, and we anchor our work in the highest standards of professional integrity.
Culture of Sustainability
We are proud to promote an organizational culture of sustainability through our practices around travel, teaching, and consulting. The President’s Office manages the Sustainability Protocol by implementing, coordinating, and advancing sustainability programs and initiatives.
We use digital communications whenever possible to reduce our travel footprint. We acquire offsetting carbon footprint credits as available.
Team members receive reusable hot beverage mugs and water bottles for sustainable use. We encourage non-use of Styrofoam packaging from suppliers and vendors. Recycling containers are present in all office facilities. Minimization of paper usage is encouraged through e-material distribution (i.e., invoices, proposals, contracts, final reports, etc.).
A regular sustainability awareness program has been launched for all Consultants. Sustainability is included in our new team member orientation and onboarding program. We promote sustainability efforts by all team members.
We regularly review our Sustainability Protocol to incorporate changing social, economic and environmental factors.
Sustainability principles are embedded in our revised Purchasing Policy.
When leasing space, we look for a minimum of SILVER LEED certification and energy sustainability policy.
Code of Ethics
The GPC Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct guides all business activities and applies to our Board of Directors, senior management, contractors, Consultants and agents. Commitment to our principles produces a positive workplace and reflects our values.
Compensation for services rendered is market driven and equitable to both parties.
We adhere to the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct. We follow and promote the Donor Bill of Rights and the Code of Ethical Principles and Standards of Professional Practice of the Association of Fundraising Professionals. It is expected clients comply with relevant laws and regulations including charitable registration.
Relationships are guided by mutual respect, cooperation, and selflessness, maintaining honest and open communication to foster a nurturing working environment.
We are committed to excellence and continuous improvement.
We find creative and innovative solutions, driven by results and outcomes beyond profits.
Global Philanthropic International founded.
Hong Kong office opened.
Australian offices established.2003
European offices established.2005
Canadian business established; Calgary head office opened.2010
Vancouver office opened.2013
Toronto & Ottawa offices opened.2015
Victoria office opened.2016
Winnipeg, Montreal and Moncton offices opened.2017
Canadian business becomes independently owned. Maintains strategic brand alliance with the international Global Philanthropic family.2017
Edmonton and Halifax offices opened.2018
Regina, Kelowna and Lethbridge offices opened.2019
Bilingual (French) website launched.2019
Virtually GLOBAL™ online consulting platform launched.2020
Knowledge Creation program launched to add research-based insight to the philanthropic sector.2021
Corporate newsletter launched: The Global Minute.2021